Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas time is here!!

We have been making cookies, singing in the church choir, and going Christmas caroling this past weekend. 
Josh has a pinched nerve in his lower back and it is very painful for him to sit long periods of time. So we missed a Christmas party this last weekend and in this first picture we were making cookies to send with my mom to the party. 
Josh is improving a little bit after seeing the chiropractor a couple of times now. For the first time today in a week he didn't ask me to put his socks on before he had to go to work. I have helped many people get dressed (working as a CNA for 5 years) and I never thought I would be helping my husband at this age, lol. I don't mind though, because I love him. :)

Anyways, we took a trip to E.C. to get a couple of things and then to Chippewa Falls to see the lights. It was a fun time and we all enjoyed ourselves.
I wanted to also stop at the pet store in E.C. because I knew the boys would love it, boy I was so right. It was a blast for us animal lovin people. 
I knew there was a parrot there at one time, but wasn't sure if it was still there. Well it was still there and his name is Romeo and he is 106 (they believe) years old!! Wow, we couldn't believe it. How amazing, and the stories he could tell would be interesting I'm sure. 
They told us he eat, sleeps and thats about it and occasionally will say Hi.
Well he was sleeping when we saw him then we woke him up a little bit and we kept saying, Hi Romeo. Finally after falling asleep a couple of times he woke up quick and said, Hi. It was the cutest thing and he definitely wanted to be napping, but it took a minute to say Hi a couple of times. Such a sweet bird. 




Our backyard skating rink, isn't it the coolest!?!?



                               The lights in Chippewa Falls!



                                Looking at baby Jesus!




Conner thought this was the coolest, especially because he was wearing his Army guy suit under his snow pants and jacket. 

Beautiful tree!






Neat picture




Here is Romeo!


Look at this cute guy....

And this one was huge, this picture does not show how big he really is. 


                           Christmas caroling.....

The boys handing out cookies.

This lady was the sweetest, Im not sure if she was a school teacher at one time, but she insisted he sit on her lap and then the card he gave her she was trying to give it back to him and told him this is your French papers you take this home and study. It was so cute and he didn't know what to think, but I know he will remember that for a long time. 


My dad who gets this together every Christmas. He always is consistent with doing this even if he goes alone. I think his heart for these people is wonderful and to hear him preach to them is something I will always remember.


Merry Christmas everyone and we hope you a wonderful week!!



2 comments:

  1. these are wonderful pictures you shared and stories from the Parrot to Caroling it's all wonderful!
    your Christmas cookies look so scrumptious I'm so proud of you my daughter and so happy for your boys they have such a good mom and dad I love you ALL so much!!!
    and by the way thank you for your wonderful words for Daughter; it makes me so proud and makes me want to cry!!! you can see my heart I love you my daughter! I love you my whole family; God bless Merry Christmas love grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great traditions. :-)
    We have the same photo by the canon at Irvine Park. Our boys love that park.

    Happy New Year
    Carla
    P.S.
    Your posts always make me smile, they remind me of my boys at that age. They grow up so fast.
    xx oo
    You are great parents.

    ReplyDelete