Monday, December 15, 2014

A quick visit to Duluth with grandpa

Going on small trips with grandpa are quite interesting and bring back memories of me and my friends going places with my dad. We always had to stop somewhere we really didn't want to, but it always ended up being pretty neat. That is what happened with this first pic, my dad thought it would be cool to see this and we had to drive a couple miles out of the way, so I wasn't thrilled, but hey it was actually pretty cool. 
My dad said this is a forest fire watch tower, near Solon Springs, I believe.
Then the next picture was really out of the way, but ended up being really neat and the boys enjoyed it. 










As we drove by this cliff, my dad had a sad story that he witnessed the end of, I guess a young girl jumped off this cliff (she wanted to end her life) and my dad was working at the gas station across the street. He ended up being the first one there after she fell, how sad. He actually had to go to counseling after this. 
At the aquarium in Duluth 






BENTLEYVILLE LIGHTS 




 They were so beautiful and we got in before they even lit up. It was neat, but we had to leave in a hurry because of the weather.

Bye Duluth, for now. 



Conner got his skis, the biggest reason we went in the first place. 

3 comments:

  1. so many reasons to enjoy these pictures yet the last picture with Conner & his skis was the most happiest part of the trip especially later when I learn how he enjoyed going out on the snow with them! but it's very fun all the things we did in the nature and then to see these lights come on at night and then the snow start coming down at the same time is very special of course and the God blessing to spend time with my grandkids and their momma! my daughter said we had not done anything like this since before she was married! mama forgot or did not take a picture of us stopping at a great restaurant where they have huge hamburgers and each of us having hamburger and curly fries wow that was awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! Ski time.
    Let it snow, so we all can get out. :-)

    Thank you for sharing so many stories in this post. I enjoyed reading them and the photos are great. :-)

    ReplyDelete