Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Throwback Thursday!


I don't usually like to show old family photos on here just because they are personal, but this one seemed ok to share. So anyways these were my Great Aunts, I believe. 
I love this picture and others like this because there is so much history in them and I learn so much about the past just looking at them. 

Right now I am reading Little House on the Praire to the boys and thinking about these girls in this picture and Laura Ingalls and her sisters makes me think of the difficulties they went through, like the cold winter 3 mile walk to school or the good times going on a buggy ride every Sunday with a guy they enjoyed spending time with. 

When this family moved on this land all they had to live in was a tent, then eventually they built a house, could you imagine!

I love history!!


No comments:

Post a Comment