Sunday, November 29, 2015

A walk in the woods

We helped daddy take down deer stands and go hunting with him before the hunting season ended. I had to pull the sled with deer stands in it and at times both boys in it too, lets just say I got my workout for the day. I do love walking in the woods on these beautiful snowy days. 



I Love history and antiques and this is a favorite of mine to find treasures like this in the woods, how cool. And once again I am going to say, I wonder who owned this, when it was used, where is the home of the people who drank from this at? I just love to think about a family in a log cabin in the woods and this was their source of water. Makes me think about Little house in the big woods. 
The date looks like May 4, 18 something 7


Now a little field mouse makes it his home, yes can you see his little whiskers. He kept peeking his head out at me and the boys while we were looking at this.
What a wonderful home for a little mouse, he is protected from all the dangers of the woods and from the cold, winter nights. I imagine he has a cozy little bed with nice warm blankets and in his room are a collection of things he has found in the woods for his decorations. Maybe  I have watched too many Disney movies or read to many fairy tales, but it is fun to imagine things like this.




                                                       Sleep sound tonight little field mouse.

2 comments:

  1. I think one of the greatest things that amplifies our Christian faith is that God gives us the ability to dream and the ability to fulfill those dreams!
    the ability to make imagination to become real!
    You Honor me my daughter, not only by having dreams and imagination; yet to go beyond by doing homeschooling going beyond the dreams and imagination and making those dreams become real and imagination to become reality!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I can tell you and I have so much in common. I love the outdoors and finding this would make my day. So sweet and you wrote it so cute and sweet.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete