Monday, December 7, 2015

Big, Big Bear!!

We went for a walk/hunt in the woods this past weekend and it was a foggy, but beautiful day. I kind of had a feeling we were going to see something today, either a deer or a fox, something. Well as we were walking up the hill in the woods, I heard Josh say something, but I thought he had seen a grouse or something like that. Well then I heard him say a little louder, Bear, walk do not run. I thought, O boy! So my oldest was keeping up with daddy, and my youngest was trying to keep up with me. The way Josh had said it, I thought the bear was coming after us, so I was thinking the worst. Thankfully, we got to the road and the bear was far behind us.
Josh said the bear was standing up and he thought it was about 500 Ibs. Ya! Big, Big Bear. The bear looked directly at Josh too. The boys and I didn't actually see the bear. I wish I could of got one quick photo of it standing up, but I can only imagine it now. Also, Sadie our dog was with and she was not far from the bear and she didn't bark or growl, nothing. So I believe if the bear was a real threat, she would have been growling or something.

But I was thanking God as we were walking on the road, because really it could of been worse. So it was an adventure, but thanks be to God for watching over us.









1 comment: