Saturday, January 24, 2015

What are essential oils?

I have had some people asking me lately what are essential oils. So I will explain the best I can what essential oils are and how you can use them.

ESSENTIAL OILS
Essential oils are aromatic volatile liquids distilled from shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes and seeds.




  • Essential oils are some of the oldest and most powerful therapeutic agents known. They have a long history of use in healing and anointing  throughout the ancient world. 
  • Many essential oils can be supportive to the immune system, moods, muscles and more. Many can be relaxing, uplifting, enhance clarity of thought and support emotional well being. Each essential oil contains several to several hundred different kind of molecules, each of which offers benefits in promoting good health, healing and regeneration. The more oils we use, the healthier we get. 

Here is my pinterest account for the YL oils:
http://www.pinterest.com/kayc12/young-living-essential-oils/

This is one of my favorite essential oil lists:

Isn't it time for you to order your Premium Starter Kit?  All of these oils plus a home diffuser included.  Whole sale pricing and lifetime membership!  https://www.youngliving.com/signup/?site=US&sponsorid=1679114&enrollerid=1679114

If you want to learn more about YL seed to seal go to this website.
http://www.seedtoseal.com/en/seedtoseal

How to use essential oils:
Inhalation
Inhaling certain essential oils heightens the senses and can have many positive effects on the body. 
  • Inhale directly 
  • Diffuse with any of Young Living's premium diffusers (I have one and absolutely love it). 
  • Carefully pour hot water into a bowl and add a few drops of essential oil. Cover your head and bowl in a tent-like fashion with a towel. Breathe deeply and slowly. 
Internal Consumption
Some essential oils make excellent dietary supplements or food flavorings. To take essential oils internally, try these tips:
  • Place several drops into a gelatin capsule and swallow it with water.
  • Add 1-2 drops to a glass of water, NingXia Red or other natural juice, or even yogurt.
  • Add 1-2 drops (to taste) to your meals when cooking.
  • Add 1-2 drops to a teaspoon of Young Living Yacon Syrup or Blue Agave and swallow. 
Topical application 
Many essential oils are safe to use directly on the skin:
  • Place 2-3 drops of oil in the palm of your hand or directly on the desired application.
  • Use one of Young Living's essential oil roll-ons or add an Aroma Guide fitment to the bottle of your favorite essential oil for targeted application. 
Essential oils Desk Reference 

If you are interested in becoming a member and ordering a starter kit here is the website:
https://www.youngliving.com/en_US/opportunity/products/starter-kits
Here is the website to learn more about becoming a member or distributor: 
https://www.youngliving.com/en_US/opportunity

I hope this will answer some questions you may have about essential oils. I am a distributor so if anyone is interested in becoming a member let me know.
Also, I do order just about every month from Young Living. :)


Here are some of my own testimonies of what the oils have done for me and my family.

  1. I had Conjunctivitis (pink eye) last year and I put Lavender, purification with coconut oil around my eye (never put the oils in your eye) and my pink eye was gone in 2 days, without any drops.
  2. My oldest got stung by a bee last summer and I put Lavender and Purification around the sting immediately and within 15 minutes all the pain was gone and he was fine. 
  3. I started to feel like I was getting the stomach flu last Christmas Eve, so I put Peppermint and Thieves on my stomach and the bottom of my feet, within a hour I felt fine. 
I could go on and on about how the oils help, but I am so thankful for them and definitely urge you to try them. I do of course believe if there is a serious medical emergency go to the doctor. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!




1 comment: