Sunday, January 11, 2015

Polar Adventures


January started out with cub scout camp for the whole family, it was really fun.
Josh and I even played a couple of the winter games with another couple and all the kids, Josh even got to the throw the chicken (a game called chicken toss or something like that?) and he threw it into the woods so the kid on the other team had to go get it and then Josh had to run around our huddle and however many times he ran that's how many points we got. Well we lost by two points, so close. :(



First time skiing on the trail for the season!

He did great,we went about a mile. 

First time ice fishing for the season finally. If it was up to me we would have been out there five more times by now. We caught about five crappies and went home and had an awesome fish fry, great night. 

There cuddling!!
I had to throw this in here because of there cuteness. Sadie is usually not allowed on the furniture, but once in awhile Ill let her. ;)

                                         CUB SCOUT CAMP
At cub scout camp, Josh showing how to shoot a BB gun. 


Throwing rocks!

Making forts

Learning about making fires and winter safety



Somebody worth mentioning....
Last week I found out my second cousin had passed away due to a massive heart attack. I only met her a couple times when I was younger, but she is someone I will never forget. She was very kind and a fun person to be around. When I visited her home, she let me help feed all her dogs and even gave me a sled ride. 
She had mentioned a couple of times for me to come back and help with the dogs, well to be completely honest I was very shy and thought I would get too homesick, now I wish I would have at least once gone back and visited her. 

My thoughts and prayers are going out to her family at this time. 

 I CANNOT CHANGE THE PAST, BUT I CAN DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT IN THE FUTURE. 



She did alot of sled dog races.

Her showing me the puppies.

I was 14 here holding one of the future sled dogs. 




2 comments:

  1. these are extremely good pictures I love the ones especially with the Boy Scouts and some real good times the kids will never forget. and your comment about cousin Mary I know the time we spent with her and I got to see you should be really happy because she actually took your own sled ride midst of a snow storm and it was quite a treat you gave you so I think there was enough you had with her to be part of her life!

    ReplyDelete