Thursday, July 17, 2014

Rasberry picking and the beach on a cold day....

 I would much rather go pick food then buy it at a store, I just love to do that. We went raspberry picking in a very " out in the boonies" location and it was so fun. We went with my friend and her son, the boys helped picking and then gave the buckets to us and went exploring and playing while us moms talked and picked berries. Simple things like that are hard to come by these days and I like the simple things once in awhile.
On the way there we saw two old churches on a dirt road. I told the boys to imagine back in the day walking or riding on buggy to those churches from your home on Sunday morning. Then maybe after they would go berry picking and bake pies. I always like to think of the olden days and how simple and fun they were.

After berry picking we were brave and went to the beach (60 degrees out), but we were so close to the beach we had to stop and thankfully it warmed up after we got there. My friend and I were the only moms in the lake. It really wasn't that bad and the kids had lots of fun.












 Isn't this rainbow beautiful! There is two rainbows actually, so neat. I find it interesting that this happened the day after we watched Noah's ark, so the boys knew what the rainbow meant.
God is faithful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment