Sunday, July 13, 2014

Glow Run 5k!!

 This last Saturday I went to Duluth with my friend and we met up with my sister Michelle and her friend. We walked around by the lake a bit and to some stores then went to get our glow shirts and waited in line for 2 hrs. to get our face painted. Then at 9:05 p.m. we started our running. I wanted to start out slow and finish fast. My goal was to not stop running the whole way. I kept to my goal except for maybe 2 seconds. lol It was a nice night not too hot, it was just right for running. So it really worked out well. Michelle and I got through the finish line together. We ran 3 miles in 37 minutes! Pretty good for not running alot. And my sister is not that young anymore so I think its awesome she did so well too. 
We stayed for the after party, which had a DJ and some fun music and we even might be on the next promotional video for the Glow Run! It was fun and Im going to try run another 5k again soon.

Kristen and I getting lost in Duluth, ha.

We went to an antique store and I had to take a picture of this one, it grabbed my attention for some reason, IDK. Maybe its my great great great grandma?

We walked to the light house, so pretty there.
We had supper at a sushi restaurant, very cool.
The stage for the glow run!



Kristens face painting

Mine

All the pretty colors
Getting ready to get up and glow!
Michelle and I ran 3 miles in 37 min.!! Pretty good for running a couple of times to get prepared. 

The awesome medal we each got!

The real deal, its heavy too.

After party!










The next day, not tired and not sore. 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pics....I'm glad your friends and you had such good time Michelle too!!!

    ReplyDelete